Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Mardi Gras Season

Ok- I'm frugal- I LOVE deals. I love yard sales. I have made choices to stay home and raise our son- and that means cutting back. My husband doesn't like Mardi Gras and as a family we "don't do Mardi Gras". We live in the birthplace of Mardi Gras. (and I'm proud of that fact- I love the history in Mobile). Well, with that being said- we got invited to a Mardi Gras Ball-my husband had never been to a ball and I really wanted to go. He already had a Tux (I bought at Hudson's a couple of years ago for $10!!) , the tickets were free, so I needed a gown. It's the wrong season to look at yard sales, so I looked at a few thrift stores with no luck, the Jr. League has a great store, Seconds on Sage ( I tried on a Vera Wang for $35!), I ended up at Rave Review Consignment Store (6157 Airport Blvd, Mobile, 251-342-0150) Now, Let me say- I had a cold, I had NO makeup on, I looked like crap! I mean- maybe the worst- I've ever looked going off!! The Salesperson- ABBY- could not have treated me better if I were to have walked in looking like the Queen of Sheba! I think I tried on half the store! But I liked what I bought and Abby was very honest with me- I almost settled on something else and she wouldn't let me! (thanks!) I spent a more than this frugal gal wanted too- but less than I would have at the "real" store. So, If you need a gown (or other clothing items) go see Abby at Rave Review Consignment.

By the way, We had the BEST time at the parade and ball!! The above pic is of my family but my son didn't attend. (we just took his annual Valentine picture at the same time) We stood in a very safe place for the parade- I saw no drinking, or lewd acts at the parade. Police were all over the area. I felt very safe and will take my son back to experience a Mardi Gras parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment